Join our dedicated and conscientious pharmacy team dispensing and distributing medications to the post-acute healthcare industry. Our customers include skilled nursing, assisted living, and mental health facilities and other congregant environments. We have an opening for a full-time dispensing pharmacist to work out of our Montgomery location 40 hours a week. You will be an essential link in the chain providing care to some of our most vulnerable populations.
- Supervise the accurate and efficient completion of all aspects of processing, verifying, and dispensing of a prescription.
- Evaluate prescriptions for safety and appropriateness.
- Correspond with prescriber when necessary to clarify or correct orders.
- Screen orders for drug/drug interactions, clarifying with prescribers, documenting interventions and counseling patients.
- Counsel patients or caregivers appropriately about their prescription and non-prescription medications.
- Assist in maintaining established medication inventory levels.
- Receive CII inventory properly and maintain correct documentation.
- Ensure that personal state licenses remains current and in good standing and that all federal and state regulations are followed.
- Education: Minimum requirement of B.S. in Pharmacy
- Licensure: Must have a current pharmacist license in good standing from the Alabama Board of Pharmacy
- Wage commensurate with experience and abilities
- BC/BS health, dental & vision insurance
- Life insurance
- Short- and long-term disability insurance
- 401(k) retirement plan with company match
- Paid holidays/sick time/vacation days