The Pharmacy Data Entry Coordinator plays a vital role in the smooth operation of a pharmacy by accurately entering and managing pharmaceutical data. This position requires exceptional attention to detail, strong organizational skills, and computer systems and software proficiency. The Data Entry Coordinator ensures the timely and accurate input of prescription and patient information, maintaining the integrity and confidentiality of sensitive data. This full-time position works Monday – Friday, 9:30 am – 6:30 pm, with rotating Saturdays.
- Accurately enter prescription information, including medication names, dosages, quantities, and patient details into the pharmacy computer system.
- Verify the completeness and accuracy of data entered, cross-referencing prescriptions with patient profiles to identify any discrepancies or potential issues.
- Follow established procedures and guidelines to ensure compliance with regulatory requirements and pharmacy policies.
- Maintain patient records by updating and documenting prescription changes, medication history, and other relevant information.
- Collaborate with pharmacists and pharmacy technicians to resolve data entry issues or clarifications related to prescriptions.
- Communicate with healthcare providers, insurance companies, and patients to gather necessary information for prescription processing.
- Maintain high confidentiality and privacy when handling sensitive patient information and comply with data protection regulations.
- Identify and report any potential errors or inconsistencies in medication orders to the appropriate staff members for review and resolution.
- Monitor and manage prescription queues, prioritizing tasks based on urgency and following up on pending orders.
- To ensure accurate and up-to-date information, perform routine data maintenance tasks, such as archiving and purging outdated records.
- Stay updated on pharmacy regulations, medication names, and coding systems to maintain proficiency in data entry practices.
- Assist with inventory management, including tracking and updating medication stock levels.
- Collaborate with the pharmacy team to improve data entry processes and workflows, suggesting and implementing efficiency-enhancing measures.
- Provide exceptional customer service by addressing inquiries and concerns related to prescription data accurately and promptly.
Qualifications & Skills
- High school graduate or equivalent. Pharmacy Technician preferred.
- Proven experience in pharmacy data entry or a similar role is highly desirable.
- Proficiency in pharmacy management software and computer systems.
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy in data entry tasks.
- Strong organizational and multitasking skills, with the ability to prioritize and meet deadlines.
- Knowledge of pharmacy operations, medical terminology, and medication names.
- Familiarity with regulatory requirements and data protection regulations in the pharmaceutical industry.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to interact professionally with healthcare providers.
- Strong problem-solving abilities and the capacity t work effectively in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and handle sensitive information with professionalism and discretion.
- Wage commensurate with experience and abilities
- BC/BS health, dental & vision insurance
- Life insurance
- Short- and long-term disability insurance
- 401(k) retirement plan with company match
- Paid holidays/sick time/vacation days
Use the button above to download our application. Fill it out and save it to your local computer, then upload it along with an optional cover letter and resume. If you submit a resume, please note "see resume" in those areas of the application.